I worked on these two guys at the same time. Again they are both made out of recycled clothes. I only really had to buy the wool for their manes and a broomstick, so they were a bargin to make. The main fabric for the brown horse was an old jersey t-shirt and the patches, which i hand sewed with a contrasting colour were from an old babygrow. This guy was a real pain to sew on the machine.The fabric was a really stretchy jersey and it seemed like no matter what i tried to do, with different settings, threads or stitches i just couldn't get it to work.So i ended up having to hand sew him together in the end.
The purple horse was a breeze in comparison. Again the main fabric is a cotton/jersey babygrow, (which the machine seemed to like a lot more) and the patches from an old kids dress. I also used a much finer wool with these two than in Willow's original horse. This gives a much fuller mane which i prefer the look of.
I also had the time to do a hand embroidered tag to go with the horse. It will be winging its way to its new owner on sunday. Happy3rd Birthday Niko.
The purple horse has already found its way to our little friend JJ on her 3rd birthday last week. Hope they enjoy their new friends.
Ps. I bet there will be many more hobbyhorses to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment