My Blog List

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sewing projects

When we moved here 6 months ago i borrowed a friends sewing machine to add some blackout material to some blinds for Willow's room. It was a little daunting as the last time i had used a machine was in my Home Economic's class at school about 20 years ago. It certainly wasn't the best first project to start with. But they turned out OK even if the seams are a little wobbly.
Even so it gave me the urge to try and actually make something again after being out of action for over 2 years. Willow has always been pretty demanding but lately i've been feeling like i might just have some spare time to do something for me. Or maybe for Willow.


This was my first little guy.

He is a Sandra Monat creation http://herzensart.blogspot.com/search?q=smirky. He didn't really turn out as i would have liked. I certainly learned that i should read a pattern more carefully before i start. I cut out all the pieces and soon found out that trying to sew those small pieces together in a fabric that likes to roll up was near on impossible. But i didn't want to abandon him as he was made of one of Willow's old shirts. I did end up having to hand sew him together which was a bit of a pain.I also decided to put some stuffing into his arms and legs with isn't in the original pattern.  So the finished guy doesn't seem quite as cute as the original, even so Willow seems to like him and called him 'Stuffie'.
I might have to re visit this guy again.
These guys were my second attempt at a plushie for Willow. The pink guy is made of an old velveteen babygrow and the brown one an old fleece babygrow. 


  
 These guys are  called 'Peg and Dean' (you know who you are!).



  

No comments:

Post a Comment