My Blog List

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hobby Horse

It was Willow's birthday recently and so i thought id try my hand at a hobby horse. Armed with some old t-shirt fabric and an outgrown patterned dress, i found this tutorial http://www.ehow.com/video_4433628_make-hobby-horse.html and went to it. I was pretty pleased with the result, although even with a shorter than suggested broomstick handle, the overall size of the horse is a little on the large size for a 2 year old.

Willow seems to be struggling a bit with its size and weight, so of course i had to make another one. Ive been working on a smaller scale model which is very nearly finished. I just have to finish its patches and add some button eyes. I'm pretty sure she'll find playtime much easier with the second attempt. 
I have got a couple of little guys 3rd birthday's coming up. I reckon they might just find a horse headed their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment