My Blog List

Monday, March 4, 2013

Green Fingers?

It seems as though Spring has made an appearance and it's got me thinking about the scrap of ground in the garden. It seems like the ideal spot for a veggie patch. It may have already been used for this purpose in a previous life. There's a mature rosemary bush at the back, that will probably stay but the huge sage bush at the front will go, i can't ever imagine needing that much sage. Everything else can go so i guess i have a blank canvas. I'm a complete novice but figured i may as well give it a go, besides you can't live in Portland and not have a veggie patch, right?

A rare moment that poor Willow managed a smile. The kid was as sick as a dog today. I think a little sunshine helped perk her up.

 Oh and talkin 'bout veggies, these are the handmade felt versions i have been working on for Willows market stall. So far we have 10 in total, 3 lettuces, 5 radishes, 1 pear and 1 carrot. I was hoping to make 40 or so but these guys are a lot more labor intensive than i first thought. I will just have to keep going til another project takes my fancy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment